(images under a creative commons license; click on each image for corresponding credits)
PACT-2012 will take place at the Radisson Plaza Hotel, in the heart of downtown Minneapolis, MN, within walking distance to downtown attractions and restaurants.
Here are some photos of the event.
Student Travel Grants
With generous support from U.S. National Science Foundation, ACM SIGARCH, IEEE TC on Computer Architecture, and IEEE TC on Parallel Processing, PACT 2012 will offer travel grants for students to attend the conference. The NSF funds will enable us to provide travel grants for US citizens or permanent residents. The professional society funds are not restricted. Also, certain funds will be available to ACM SIGARCH student members and IEEE members only. We highly encourage students to join SIGARCH, TCCA, and TCPP to be given higher priority. SIGARCH offers an online membership for $2. The exact number and amount of the awards will be determined based on the number of eligible applicants and the availability of funds.
IMPORTANT: Travel grant applicants should not register for the conference until hearing the decision on their application. Students who have applied for a travel grant by August 24, 2012 will be allowed to register at the early registration cost until September 5, 2012.
To apply for a travel grant from PACT:
- Applicants must send an email to the Student Travel Grant Chair, Xin Fu, at pact21travel AT gmail.com by the application deadline.
- For your subject line, please use "Travel Grant Application for <Your-Last-Name, Your-First-Name>”.
- Please fill out the form with acrobat reader and attach your application form. Download the PDF form from here.
- Please attach a current resume.
- Please also attach a brief statement (approximately 500 words) that includes (i) an explanation of why it is important for you to attend PACT, (ii) a budget regarding your cost of attendance at PACT, and (iii) a description of any other sources of support you may have.
- Student applicants also need to ask their direct thesis advisor to send an e-mail to the Student Travel Grant Chair (at pact21travel AT gmail.com) with the subject line "Student Travel Status Confirmation for <Your Last Name, Your First Name>", stating that you are a full-time student pursuing an MS/Ph.D. or undergraduate research in the areas covered by PACT.
- DEADLINE: Travel grant application must be received by 11:59pm CST, August 24, 2012.
- For students, the confirmation email from their advisors must be received by the same deadline.
- Due to the large number of applications we expect to receive, we will NOT solicit letters from your advisors. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that your advisor sends the email before the deadline. No exception will be made for any reason.
- We will do our best to notify you about the status of your application by August 27th, 2012, which is before the conference early registration deadline. Note that award decisions will be made based on funding availability.
Student Travel Grant Sponsors
Individuals requiring letters of invitation to obtain travel visas must register for the conference to receive an invitation letter. If you are in need of an Invitation Letter from the PACT organization committee for visa application purposes, please fill out and send the Invitation Letter Request Form to the email address indicated at the bottom of the form.
- Please fill out a separate form for each person requesting a letter.
- Send the completed form electronically to the email address provided on the form.
- All letters of invitation will be sent by email (as a PDF attachment).
- IEEE/ACM and the PACT-2012 Organizing Committee cannot contact U.S. Embassies in support of an individual attempting to gain entry to attend the meeting.
- Because of the number of visa applications and the need for thorough security reviews, the visa application process can take several weeks. It is strongly encouraged that travelers apply for their visas as early as possible. Contact the nearest U.S. consulate or embassy for details on visa application procedures.